HSQL Database Engine (HSqlDb) is a lightweight 100% Java SQL database engine developed at SourceForge since April 2001. HSqlDb is a relational database engine written in Java, with a JDBC driver, supporting a rich subset of ANSI-92 SQL (BNF tree format). It offers a small (less than 160K), fast database engine which offers both in memory and disk based tables. It is complete free under its licenses.
- It is 100% pure Java database. Accordingly, it is easy for distribution
- Features supported a rich subset of ANSI-92 SQL (BNF tree format)
- Offers a small, fast, stable, and reliable database
- Provides both embedded and server modes
- Provides both in memory and disk based tables
- It is free under HSqlDb license
- download hsqldb.jar
- Use JDBC in Java to perform database query
- jdbc driver: org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
- jdbc url: jdbc:hsqldb:/$path/$DB_NAME
- username: sa
- password: ""
- Change readonly=true in $DB_NAME.proiperties file