Retrieve Category and Inflection
- Short Description: Retrieve part of speech (category) and inflection for a given term.
- Full Description:
All possible valid categories and inflectional values are concatenated together in lvg's output category and inflection bit vectors. Accordingly, only one output record for one input term.
If the term is not in the lexicon, the category and inflection consists of all the possible values of each.
If the -m flag is specified, the part of speech and inflection information is appended to the information field in its string form. The formats of these two types of information are listed as follows:
For terms in the lexicon this flow option and the lexicon filtering flow option behave similarly. There is a difference between this flow option and the lexicon flow option that filters to lexicon entries when the term is not in the lexicon. In such case, this flow option will guess and report back all possible categories and inflections based on inflection rules whereas the flow filtering option will filter out that term from the output all together.
- The schemes of category and inflection in the database of new version are different from old one. Accordingly, the results are different.
- If the term is not found in Lexicon, the new version returns all possible categories and inflections based on inflection rules.
- Retrieve category and inflection for a given term.
- The value of categories and inflections are concatenated.
- Return all possible categories and inflections if the given term is not found in lexicon.
shell> lvg -f:L -m bloom bloom|bloom|1152|263681|L|1|FACT|noun+verb|base+singular+infinitive+pres1p23p| laurent laurent|laurent|1155|1793|L|1|RULE|adj+adv+noun+verb|base+positive+singular+infinitive|More examples
- Retrieve category and inflection from database.
- Concatenated values of categories and inflections.
- If term is not found in DB, return all possible categories and inflections using inflection rules.