Norm Unicode to ASCII with Synonym Option
This normalization is used to convert Unicode string to pure ASCII. This Norm is identical to Unicode synonym conversion followed by Unicode Norm. In other words:
- First, it converts Unicode characters to its defined synonym base (-f:q4)
- Then, it used core Norm to normalize the converted Unicode string (-f:q7)
- Last, it converts non-ASCII Unicode characters to ![Unicode Name]! format (-f:q3)
The main advantages of using this Norm are:
- Pure ASCII results
- More normalization in terms of Unicode synonyms
- Preserve Unicode information
Unicode characters can be retrieved from ![Unicode Name]!
- Convert Unicode characters to Unicode synonym base
- Perform core norm
- Convert no-ASCII characters from the result of above to Unicode name as ![Unicode name]!