Generate Inflectional Varients - Specifying Output Categories and Inflections
- Short Description: Generate inflectional variants, specifying the Bit OR'd output categories, and output inflections.
- Full Description:
- |FACT|uninflected term|category|uninflected inflection|inflected term|category|inflected inflection|
- |RULE|uninflected term|matched pattern|category|uninflected inflection|replaced pattern|category|inflected inflection|
The inflection operation can be qualified to restrict output category and inflection by specifying the category bit vector and the inflection bit vector.
The category values can be OR'ed from the following values:
The inflection values can be OR'ed from the following values:
In some domains, nouns are the vast majority of terms in the vocabulary. Furthermore, for terms which can be interpreted as either nouns or as some other categories, the noun sense is much more likely. Under these circumstances, one might want to restrict one's output to nouns and ignore the other senses of words. Further, many indexing vocabularies have nouns in their plural form rather than in their singular form, so one might want to restrict one's output to plural nouns.
Users may input "all" instead of "2047" or "16777215" to represent all categories or all inflections, respectively. For instance, users may construct command such as "-f:ici~128+all" to get all inflectional variants for all nouns (including all inflections).
The results are sorted as in inflection flow component. It is sorted by the frequency of category, length, and case insensitive alphabetical order.
If the -m flag is specified, two possible information may be appended to the outputs. The formats of these two possible information are:
- Please refer to inflections.
- In the Java version, both options of category and inflection must be specified. They cannot be omitted. In other words, option flag, "all", is needed if users don't care about the option. For example, if you would like to get the noun of a input and don't care about the inflections, you may use -f:ici~128+16777215.
- Fact: Find all inflectional variants from inflection table.
- Rules: Find all inflectional variants from morphology rules.
- Assign category and inflection for all outputs
- Filter output according to the restricted categories and inflections.
- Filter output according to the restriction flag (-ki)
- Display output by the frequency of categories.
shell> lvg -f:ici~128+8 -m elderly|elderly|128|8|ici|1|FACT|elderly|noun|base|elderly|noun|plural| elderly|elderlies|128|8|ici|1|FACT|elderly|noun|base|elderlies|noun|plural| leaf|leafs|128|8|ici|1|FACT|leaf|noun|base|leafs|noun|plural| leaf|leaves|128|8|ici|1|FACT|leaf|noun|base|leaves|noun|plural| neoplasm|neoplasms|128|8|ici|1|FACT|neoplasm|noun|base|neoplasms|noun|plural| shell> lvg -f:ici~128+all -m neoplasm|neoplasm|128|1|ici|1|FACT|neoplasm|noun|base|neoplasm|noun|base| neoplasm|neoplasm|128|512|ici|1|FACT|neoplasm|noun|base|neoplasm|noun|singular| neoplasm|neoplasms|128|8|ici|1|FACT|neoplasm|noun|base|neoplasms|noun|plural| shell> lvg -f:ici~all+8 -m neoplasm|neoplasms|128|8|ici|1|FACT|neoplasm|noun|base|neoplasms|noun|plural| left|left|128|8|ici|1|FACT|left|noun|base|left|noun|plural| left|lefts|128|8|ici|1|FACT|left|noun|base|lefts|noun|plural|More examples
- Call ToInflection.InflectWords (sorted)
- Filter out results by output categories and inflections.