- September, 2000 -
- To create shrink wrapped version of the lexical tools.
- The first task is to deliver a shrink wrapped version of Norm.
- To turn lexical tools into a suite of efficient production quality tools.
- To establish a set of standard procedures for developing distributable software products.
- Software efficiency - production quality
- Maintainability - software QA
- Compatibility - platform independent software (Java)
- Database - pure Java database
- Persistent trie - persistent heap (data retrieval system)
- Current solution - Berkeley B-tree
- Regular database - MySql, Oracle, etc..
- Pure Java database - JDB, IDB
- A trie algorithm is used in LVG to find inflection variants and derivation.
- Persistent issue.
- Implementations on Java classes of persistent linked list, tree, and trie.
- New designs on file format of rules (maintainability).
- New designs on wild cards (performance).
- An useful code must written by following a clear and consistent style/standard.
- A primary aim of writing code is to make its meaning clear to the next person reading it (maintainability).
- Established a Java coding standard for LVG project.
- Confusions caused by the complexity of option flags of a system (such as LVG).
- A simple, generic, and systematic syntax for command line interface is needed.
- Java class of command line syntax.
- A friendly GUI is another solution.
- OO design on software architecture and components with Java implementation.
- Implemented classes includes: Transformation, LexItem, Category, Inflection, Gender, Flow, and BitMaskBase.
- New inflection scheme and new inflection tables (database).
- New command line interface (systematic syntax).
- New options: -m, -p, -i, -o, -hs, etc..
- Pure Java database
- Persistent tire
- Completed developments of Norm program in pure Java.
- Same software system architecture will be used in LuiNorm and Lvg.
- Same design on software components will be reused.
- To deliver a shrink wrapped version of LuiNorm
- Deliver a shrink wrapped version of LVG (Beta: 02/01, V1: 07/01)
- Complete software tests on Norm, LuiNorm, and LVG.
- Maintain development documents of LVG ( Project Development Folder ).
- Establish LVG Web site (tutorial, user guide, demos).
- Establish LVG server on the Web (on line LVG).
- Provide documents of developing distributable software products.