Remove Parenthetic Plural Forms of (s), (es), (ies)
- Short Description: Remove parenthetic plural forms of (s), (es), (ies)
- Full Description:
- (s), such as finger(s), toe(s), rib(s), etc.
- (es), such as Mass(es), exostosis(es), plexus(es), fetus(es), etc.
- (ies), such as pneumonectomy(ies), extremity(ies), etc.
This is useful when trying to normalize terms include parenthetic plural forms of:
No effect on the -m option. "none" is added at the end of the output.
- Remove "(es)"
- Remove "(ies)"
- Remove "(s)" if no exceptional pattern matches.
- Replace "(s)" with " " if followed by a letter
shell> lvg -f:rs Assault(s)|Assault|2047|16777215|rs|1| Burn(s);skin|Burn;skin|2047|16777215|rs|1| [D]Chill(s) NOS|[D]Chill NOS|2047|16777215|rs|1| Abdomen CT Adrenal Mass(es) Bilateral|Abdomen CT Adrenal Mass Bilateral|2047|16777215|rs|1| Donor pneumonectomy(ies) with preparation|Donor pneumonectomy with preparation|2047|16777215|rs|1| [X]O spontn disrptn/lig(s)knee|[X]O spontn disrptn/lig knee|2047|16777215|rs|1| J(s)(a) ANTIGEN|J(s)(a) ANTIGEN|2047|16777215|rs|1| Bacillus phage rho11(s)|Bacillus phage rho11(s)|2047|16777215|rs|1| 9(s)-erythromycylamine|9(s)-erythromycylamine|2047|16777215|rs|1| XLalpha(s) protein|XLalpha(s) protein|2047|16777215|rs|1|More examples
- Remove (es) and (ies)
- Locate (s) and find the partial term before (s).
- Go through the reversed trie (rules of pattern)
- If exceptional pattern match, keep input term the same
- If exceptional pattern doesn't match:
- Replace (s) with a space (" ") if followed by a letter
- Remove (s), otherwise
Please refer to Remove plural patterns of (s), (es), and (ies) software components for details.