Semantic Types Indexing (Real-Time)
STRI (Semantic Type Real-Time Indexing) uses statistical associations between the words in a training set of MEDLINE citations and a small set of 135 categories in the Semantic Network in NLM's UMLS Metathesaurus. Similar to STI, this method use ST-documents are created comprised of UMLS Metathesaurus string belonging to the ST to calculate ST score on real-time base (instead of pre-calculate). The procedures are briefly described as follows:
- Calculate the JDI scores (Words|JD|Wc|Dc) on the input Text or MeSH,
- Read in St-Jd scores (ST|JD|Wc|Dc) from file
- Calculate the vector similarity between JDI score of Input (Words|JD|Wc|Dc) and St-Jd score (ST|JD|Wc|Dc) by cosine coefficients and get St scores (Words|ST|Wc|Dc).
- Sort and display the results
- Text: phrase, titles, abstracts, combination of titles and abstracts
- MeSHs: Starred MeSH headings and Subheadings